Check in here for monthly information on our studio specials, highlights on our students, moves and postures of the month, and special events written by yours truly, Kelly. I’m the studio-momma around these parts and I have a lot to say! I’ll also be starting a blog covering our crazy-studio life, the gifts it gives us, lessons learned, and shared stories of our community. If you want to know a bit more about me and what I am all about, head on over to my staff page to learn the juicy details.
What benefits do you get from taking a class at our studio?
Shiny Happy Student of the Month
We are bringing back a studio tradition–recognizing the best of us! We’re all about celebrating our students here at WARMTH, and what better way than to feature one of you each month. Many of you have inspiring stories about how you found our studio and the positive changes it has brought to your life, and we’re excited to share them here as motivation for all.
What makes you feel warm and fuzzy about walking into WARMTH?
Walking into Warmth whether in the early morning hours or for the last class of the day, there is a feeling that takes over. It is of harmony. Warmth is more than a studio, it is a place of friendships and relationships. There is a commitment of goodwill in the interactions of the staff and the students. All seem to want to contribute harmony to the environment.
Why do you like it hot?
The heat of the studio brings out a pure detox of the day. It releases through each bead of sweat the old unneeded emotions and allows the new a place to live.
What wisdom would you share with a student coming through the studio door for the first time?
One of the most beautiful things about this life is that we at any age can experience a first time for anything. So to those who are coming into Warmth for the first time, build a slow and solid foundation of grace for yourself. Enjoy the journey and don’t worry about the outcome.
Who introduced you to the studio and got you to step on your mat for the first time?
My amazing daughter Chelsea was the one who encouraged me to believe in myself, nurture myself, love myself, and venture into a life of yoga. She is one of my grandest souls that I have been honored to be with.
Whom do you wish you could invite to the studio to sweat it out with you?
I would love to see my sweet daughter Sophia join me.
Where is your favorite place to spend time in Nevada County (other than WARMTH of course!)?
I love walking through Nevada City, catching my breath and enjoying life.
The Fourteen Minute Plank
For a little over a year now I have been on a path to help discover my authentic self through the amazing practice of yoga and INFERNO hot pilates. I have been on many journeys in my life, but this journey to find myself in a healthy physical body is one of the most fantastic. It started with a single class. I took it with confidence and have never looked back. My story is filled with a lot of physical trials and emotional ones. To those I must say, they are to be learned from and moved on from. They do not define me. My future is not dependent on the things that do not serve me. My future belongs to the beauty of my dreams. I was told by the woman who founded INFERNO Hot Pilates that I had a small life force. I did. Since that first class last December I have had three throat surgeries. I now have enough oxygen to live boldly and breath in all of life. With each class, I have found the simple abundance in the ordinary, realizing that all I have is all I need. I welcome the choices I have, I love life and for the first time, I love my body. While practicing yoga and INFERNO pilates, I have learned that I am capable of anything, even a fourteen minute plank.
Most commonly known as “Tea Tree,” Melaleuca essential oil contains over 92 different compounds and has a variety of limitless applications. Best known for its purifying properties, Melaluca is great for cleansing the skin, supporting a healthy complexion, disinfecting surfaces throughout the home environment, clearing the air in our immediate surroundings and promoting healthy immune function. Energetically, Melaluca essential oil is beneficial when working with clearing the heart chakra, encouraging the establishment of healthy boundaries and assisting in the release of toxic relationships.
- Melaleuca essential oil blends well with all citrus oils, such as Wild Orange, Lemon or Lime. In addition, it pairs nicely with Cypress, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Rosemary, and Thyme. Common uses for Melaluca include:
- For occasional skin irritations such as bug bites, acne, cuts or scratches, apply 1-2 drops onto affected area immediately upon occurrence.
- Combine 4 drops with 8 ounces of filtered water in a spray bottle and use as a facial toner to manage oily skin.
- Combine 1-2 drops with a facial cleanser for added cleansing properties, or apply to skin after shaving.
- Apply to fingernails and toenails after showering to purify and keep nails looking healthy.
- Add a few drops to a spray bottle with water to use on disinfecting and sanitizing home surfaces.
- Diffuse 3-4 drops with filtered water to clear and purify air toxicity.
- Dilute 1 drop in 4 fluid ounces of liquid to support a healthy immune system and protect against environmental or seasonal threats.
- Rub 2-3 drops into the soles of the feet to clear toxic emotions and promote balance of the heart chakra.
- DIY Yoga Mat Cleaner:
- 8 drops doTerra Melaluca essential oil
- 8 drops doTerra Lavender essential oil
- 8 drops doTerra Wild Orange or Lemon essential oil
- 4 oz distilled water
- 1 spray bottle
- Add essential oils and water to spray bottle, shake well. Spray yoga mat after eachuse and wipe clean.
Never miss a moment and sign up for our newsletter and blog delivered right to your inbox.
Happy Anniversary to us! We are officially 13 years old and just as happens in the life of our children, our studio blossomed this year! We have embodied and claimed the wonderful community we continue to grow, we continue to add classes we as a group desire to have within these walls, all with the back-drop of our beloved 26&2 that continues to keep us grounded…
I am often asked how I clean the studio and what materials and products we use to do so. We have a Karma Cleaning team to clean our studio twice a day and they work diligently to create a clean and supportive environment for us to practice in. We use natural products and do our very best to create as little waste as possible…